Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting an Accountant for our Fundacja Alight – Poland. So you’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here.
When you join us, you’ll find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
An organization that refuses to settle for anything less than delivering human-worthy services.
If you believe in an abundant world full of amazing people who want to help; in the simple human justice to build a life; and in doing a better thing, then read on!
Our Purpose and Work in Europe
Our purpose in Europe is to support people displaced by the war in Ukraine. The Alight response seeks to support displaced people in Ukraine, Poland and beyond to meet them by:
- Doing the doable by meeting acute and practical needs with quick impact projects to serve single individuals and entire communities. All team members should have the permission and tools to respond to need directly and by identifying other organization whose work we can amplify.
- Providing guides to orient and connect displaced people to the best available resources. Ukrainian guides are now working in 3 cities, remotely, and through the online guide (www.Alightguides.org).
- Transforming spaces and services, to create and support dignified safe havens providing short- and medium-term housing.
- Working with the US team to create a seamless user experience for displaced choosing to move from Ukraine to the United States.
Based in Poland you’ll be guided by the Regional Finance Controller with support from Alight’s Platform Service’s team.
The main responsibility of the Accountant is to oversee all financial activities, budgets and reports for the Fundacja Alight/Poland programs.
Financial Management (45%)
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions including posting monthly entries, setting up bank payments, regular cash verification, bank and balance sheet account reconciliations, monthly closing, timely submission of financial reports for consolidations, donors etc.
- Ensure accuracy of expenditure and supporting documents.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Keep records of invoices, supporting documents, accounting records, vouchers etc and always be audit ready.
Reporting and Budgeting (20%)
- Monthly closing, timely submission of financial reports to Alight’s Finance Team, donors, etc.
- Prepare timely cash requests and accounting reports.
- Monitor grant spending and projections.
- Assist in preparation of budgets for all proposals, including accurate support of budget narratives.
- Support program teams to accurately realign budgets whenever necessary.
- Assist in preparation of Fundacja Alight annual budgets.
- Liaise with Payroll & Accounting companies on any finance & accounting issues as required.
Staff Management (10%)
- Supervise finance staff. This includes ensuring they are properly trained and know what performance expectations are.
- Organize and lead orientation and training session related to finance.
- Travel to the field as required ensuring systems are properly followed.
Audit and Internal Control (15%)
- Implement and administer Alight systems for internal control, compliance, and accounting data processing and financial reporting functions in accordance with donor regulations.
- Perform internal audit and reviews to ensure compliance with company and donor requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate accounting system, including computer data entry and paper file system as required.
- Ensure local taxation law requirements are fully complied with.
- Other appropriate duties assigned by the Europe Executive Director and/or Regional Finance Controller
We’re looking for the following education, technical skills, & knowledge:
- 3-5 years experience in finance/management for an international NGO or business, preferably in programs in complex emergency or post-conflict settings. Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting, or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with international donors and grant requirements.
- Experience in multi-cultural and multi-level programs.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft software products: Excel, Word, outlook etc and accounting software. Serenic experience strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Polish required.
- Prior training experience desired.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and belief in the Foundation’s mission.
Key Behaviors & Abilities
- Ability to work with a team in an intense environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Sharing the values represented by the company.
Who We Are
We are on a journey to build Alight, a new platform of amazing people and organizations providing lifesaving services and creating breakthrough solutions for and with the displaced. WeAreAlight.org
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual expression, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
We strive to represent the diverse communities we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity and those who bring lived experience with displacement are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply