Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We believe Social Impact is a great place to work and are passionate in our efforts to ensure that this endures. We are proud of our diversity and actively seek to expand it as a way of improving our employees’ experience, our collective professional breadth and the quality of the work we do. We promote equity and inclusion through our policies and practices and build a culture of belonging for everyone where differences and authenticity are honored and embraced. We work hard to create opportunities for growth and ensure that our staff are fulfilled and engaged. We believe we are better when we collaborate, learn from one another and have fun while working hard.
Implemented by Education Development Center, Inc. (EDC), AQE was a $33.9 million, four-year contract from March 2017 – July 2021. AQE aimed to increase access to education for approximately 48,000 out-of-school children ages 8 to 15 in six target counties of Liberia (Bong, Grand Bassa, Nimba, Lofa, Montserrado, and Margibi).
The purpose of this evaluation is to provide an independent and in-depth examination of the overall sustainability of the AQE activity in Liberia. The evaluation seeks to confirm whether the AQE intervention approach has continued to be implemented and produce intended results beyond the end of the USAID-funded investment. The Mission will use findings from the assessment to inform more strategic program design and USAID investments in the education sector in the future.
SI is seeking an Accelerated Learning Program Specialist to support the USAID/Liberia AQE Ex-Post Sustainability Evaluation. This is a short-term consultancy with an estimated level of effort (LOE) of 44 days, and a period of performance from May to September 2023.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Liberian citizenship will be considered.**
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Provide technical expertise and support the Team Lead’s efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Coordinate the evaluation activities with a logistician, including meetings, interviews, group discussions, note taking, and events.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries; conduct data collection as needed.
- Provide ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID.
- Write assigned section of the draft evaluation report in coordination with the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- Advanced degree in a discipline related to Education Administration, Educational Research, Statistics, or other relevant field strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience working with education interventions for out-of-school children in Liberia and have understanding of the ALP regulatory framework being institutionalized by the MOE.
- Preferred background or experience in child development and youth programming.
- Experience evaluating education programs and ability to conduct interviews and focus group discussions.
- Demonstrated experience managing and coordinating data collection and supporting data analysis and report writing among teams.
- Social and gender analytical skills preferred.
- Ability to work as a team to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards.
- In-depth knowledge of the operating environment in Liberia preferred.
- Formal or informal teaching experience in Liberia preferred.
- No relations with AQE, EDC, or other interests that may compromise the Team Leader’s actual or apparent impartiality.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
Please apply directly on our Career Center: