Save the Children
We are looking for academic trainees for various support services departments for Save the Children Türkiye Country Office.
During the education period, universities support students for their mandatory internships that contribute their careers through putting their academic knowledge into practice. Under Save the Children’s internship programme, we offer an academic traineeship opportunity for students based on student’s study area and the organization’s departmental needs.
Academic trainees will be assigned to different departments such as Human Resources, Administration, Finance, Supply Chain, Advocacy & Communications, Country Management or Programme Operations depending on their qualifications and departmental needs.
Academic trainees will be responsible for the tasks assigned by the reporting lines based on each departments` responsibilities mainly;
- Filing and keeping the documentation in online platforms,
- Attending the meetings and keeping meeting minutes where necessary,
- Follow up operational tasks,
- Contributes discussions for creative ideas.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student who is in the 3rd or 4th year of the universities and continue their education in a relevant field (International Relations, Psychology, Political Science, Economics, etc. – depends on the department)
- Have approval from university on mandatory internship and required documents;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Administrative Sciences, Economics, Business or related departments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Turkish
- Good attention to details and to be able to work under stress;
- Computer literate (including working knowledge of Microsoft Office) and ability to do internet based research
- Strong organisational skills and discretion with confidential information
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Volunteer and international experience is preferred.
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application.
What we offer under our internship programmes to our academic trainees:
- Multicultural and flexible working environment;
- Development and training opportunities in their area;
- Out of the box internship experience to prepare them real working environment in their field.
- Improved knowledge on I/NGO sector and institutional donors
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uNjM4MjkuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t