Action Contre la Faim France
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
We are looking for a Country Director to lead our implementation and activities in Ukraine. A dynamic person will be needed for this role in order to ensure systems are appropriately created, and a strong ACF culture is established, and that teams move together during the transition period from acute emergency to longer term response. This post will be managing an increasingly large team (many of whom (particularly amongst the national staff) are highly qualified but have little to no humanitarian experience), focused on both direct and partner-based interventions, including in high security locations (strong analysis and support needed on questions such as risk transfer, and how/if to support occupied locations). The person occupying the role will need to be able to create a strong positive relationships not only with the ACF team but also with authorities and our partner organisations, though the set-up and management of strong systems and good interpersonal skills.
As Country Director, you lead the Romania and Poland Country team through the fusion process of the two missions, and the 2nd phase of the emergency response through stabilising the country strategy (including systems set up, fundraising, staffing, and partnerships approach), while providing immediate support to refugees and host communities in Romania and Poland.
More specifically you:
1. Ensure the emplementation (with regular updates) of the medium/long term partnership strategy with local partners in support of the refugee population and host community in Romania and Poland
2. Are in charge of fundraising to meet fundraising goals
3. Oversee the recruitment and seting up of systems.
4. Ensure the emergency response intervention objectives are achieved
5. You manage directly 6 staff including 1 Field Coordinator based in Poland and create a strong positive relationships within the ACF team
6. You create a positive dynamic with local partners and stakholders
You have at least 6 years experience in the humanitarian field. You have experience in leadership role. We particularly appreciate if you have experience with ACF and missions start-ups. You need to have a significative past experience on partnership-based approaches. Creativity, flexibility, and ability to support the development and rollout of systems are a must, as are strong interpersonal skills. You are also known as an excellent manager and able to drive your team to the best. Additionally, because of the particularities of operating in Europe, creativity will also be needed in the donor engagement and approach, so candidates experienced in working with non-institutional and European funding would be a plus.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 6-12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 3300 to 3800EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 458EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 150EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here